But one of those things isn't drawing in pen. So Wolverine decide to pose for me and asked me to draw him like one of my french girls (why, I don't know). Actually this is an old drawing I did in pen and found it in one of my old notepads. I've Always been a big fan of Wolverine and yeah I loved all three X-Men movies and even X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Whenever I play Marvel Vs Capcom 2 he is always on my team. And I can't help but put pens in between my knuckles from time to time, walk around and call people "Bub". Anywho, I figure I would share some of my old stuff with all you lovely (hopefully non-imaginary) people.
As promised this is the final result of my nephew's Zombie themed Easter basket. My sister took it home with her and added all the goodies. She decorated eggs as brains and eyeballs which I think turned out awesome! A Zombie bunny candy, various treats, glow sticks and a horror book since he loves scary stories (Goosebumps are his favorite).
Well this week I will awe you with a craft that I made. It is a Toxic Can Easter Bucket for my nephew. He wanted a zombie themed Easter basket this year and it was my job to do it. Some of you might think he is weird but hey, he's only eight years old and I think it's something different so why not? Also it can serve as his Halloween Bucket as well this year. It was pretty simple, I picked up a metal bucket from Lowe's, black primer (Rustoleum Textured), Yellow Spray Paint, Spray Foam, and a sample tub of Neon Green Paint. Painted the bucket with primer, let it dry and painted again. Then after that was dry I applied the spray foam around the bucket and let gravity pull it down and dry. After that I made a stencil for the toxic signal and painted it yellow, then painted the foam green and also made sure to add globs of paint in certain areas to let it drip down. My mom is going to add the grass and goodies in later so I will post a photo of the complete basket afterwards. Enjoy!
Well this weekend on my streak of inspiration I decided to ink a drawing this time. I still have plenty of cardboard sheets left and since they are pretty thick I know I didn't have to worry about the ink seeping through or leaving it soggy. The first picture shows the pencil layout and the progress of the ink and the bottom shows the final piece. I did attempt a little bit of the washing the ink to add some lighter tones but for some reason didn't work out so well as I hoped in the end. I still like it with this being my first atempt of using India Ink and a brush. I also added a little bit of white to add some highlights to the lips. Females is another one of those things that have never been my strong point, to me they always seem to come out too masculine and my eyes just can't seem to get them right. With this I just accepted my abilities and went with it. I really like how the small strands of hair came out though, I am going to attempt at least one or two more female drawings hopefully by the end of the weekend. Also note that I didn't use any type of model or reference for the female, just did it off the top of my old noggin.