Pages

Friday, November 7, 2014

1st Entry in MiniProject 2

This is a formal greeting and introduction to my blog for my 2nd mini project in my COM 3322: New Communication Technology! My focus will be that of gamer culture that focuses on MMO's or Massively Multiplayer Online. More notably it will be centered on MMORPG's(Massive Multplayer Online Role-playing Game). Also to help identify my blog posts focused on these particular topics, I will make sure to add labels for them such as COM3322, MP2, MMO, Gaming.

So to start it off I want to talk about a major developer and powerhouse in the MMORPG and that would be Blizzard Entertainment. Blizzard is widely known for their MMORPG titled "World of Warcraft". Since it's release it has has over 12 million subscribers and over four expansions with a fifth one being released next week.

Aside from MMORPGs Blizzard has created Real Time Strategy games such as Warcraft and Starcraft, Action Hack and Slash RPG's such as the Diablo franchise, and today recently announced their new IP which is titled "Overwatch" that is slated to be a MMOFPS (Massive Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter).  I have attached a link with the announcement for your viewing pleasure. So far the cinematic is intriguing and gives a Super Hero/ Villain feel to it. The style of artwork has a bit of an animation but more highly detailed to resemble that of Japanese Animation. I was actually pretty excited about this announcement and hope to learn more about it as more information will later be released.

So hope you enjoy the trailer if you haven't seen it yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment